The digital world has moved on from being a simple collection of static, information driven web-pages. In the last decade the internet has become increasingly socially driven. Humanity loves to talk, to express its opinions and show devotion to its causes. Sites like MySpace, Digg, Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, YouTube and StumpleUpon (to name but a few), allow the masses to do just that, and so are increasingly favored as gathering places by the many faced throng online.
Why is Social Media important?
Consider the following points:
- Social media represent the worlds most popular destinations online (Facebook is the most visited site in the world).
- Vast amount of valuable data being freely shared amongst users on social networking sites.
- People become more open to engagement.
- Long lasting opinions are being formed within the digital social sphere.
Knowing where certain people gather online, in an environment in which they feel safe to talk about their innermost thoughts and desires, is obviously a very valuable asset to any business.
Making it easy for people to find your business, through their medium of choice, is likewise something any business should obviously strive to achieve.
Social media makes it possible to do both things, easily, but it’s also capable of doing a whole lot more.
What Can Social Media Do for Your Business?
It goes without saying that modern businesses should have a digital presence on the most popular social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter, alongside their main company website. Yet that is only the beginning as far as leveraging the true power of social networking goes.
Consider for a moment the benefits your business could receive from a properly managed social marketing campaign:
- Unparallelled insight into the minds of your consumers.
- Track market feedback of your product in real time.
- Harness the social sphere to help your brand go viral.
- Shape the way your brand is perceived by the masses.
It takes a lot more than simply running a Facebook and Twitter account to achieve all that, but imagine just how much more money could be made by your brand receiving more exposure, more buzz, more feedback… It’s an opportunity which shouldn’t be ignored.
At InWurx Media we provide both consultation and fully managed service options for businesses that are ready to take advantage of the power of the social web. If you’d like to hear more about how we can use social media to help your business, contact us today for a free preliminary consultation.